[MEncoder-users] MEncoder build problem

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Tue Oct 9 00:54:04 CEST 2007

Moritz Barsnick wrote:

> Are you sure the script is executing the same "as" as you are on the
> command line?

I found the problem but am not sure what would be the most generic
cleanest fix.

The configure script sets $_as via

_as=`$_cc -print-prog-name=as`

Which here evaluates to
c:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/as.exe

And that's the problem, since from within Cygwin, that's not a valid
path, cygdrive/c/MinGW/... would be the correct form. That aside, it is
the right location.

I wasn't expecting this, as I understood MinGW can be used within Cygwin.

I'm trying to find a fix which will munge filepaths in a way that will
allow the above style of paths to correctly reference the intended
files. Someone on u.c.o.linux suggested a suitable mkdir & mount. I'll
think about this tomorrow - need sleep tonight as I didn't get any last
night.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Michael Rozdoba