[MEncoder-users] Mencoder snv r24739-4.1.2 - VP6 FLV Two Pass Video Encoding

Tom Shaw mplayer at zerofiveone.com
Mon Oct 8 15:54:01 CEST 2007

Ive got it done!!!

You need to check out the latest linux source..

svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk

Then get the linux 2 pass encoding patch from:
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/patches/xx_vp6vfw_2pass_linux.diff

Put the patch in the trunk directory created by your SVN checkout.

Apply the patch...
patch xx_vp6vfw_2pass_linux.diff loader/win32.c

./configure
make
make install

Then create your compdata files.

Be sure to specifiy a single word filename for the firstpass file in
both our first and second pass compdata files.

This patch might be included into the main trunk release sometime soon
so this info might not be relevant for too long.

Cheers,
Tom