[MEncoder-users] Trying convert to .mov

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:20:20 CEST 2007

On 10/4/07, Devendra Rane <ranedk at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you know the source of AVI, may be you should try changing the
> vbitrate (or drop the parameter).
> One reason for video speeding up is presence of B-Frames. I don't know
> if there's a work around for that.
>
> --r
> PS: use "-oac lavc"

I'm utterly stumped. I've read online that "-MC 0" will get rid of the x264
speedup issue. I thought maybe the original line with "-mc 0" was an error,
but "-MC 0" made no difference.

I've tried using H263 and H261, and neither work. H263 claims my 1024 x 768
video is not compatible with the codec. With H261, mplayer crashes on
playback.

I need to make Quicktime compatible files, but I've been absolutely stymied
at every turn. The only think I can think of doing is to convert all my
files to DV, and use IPhoto on a Mac. Which takes absolutely ages and is
really, really, inconvenient.

Cheers,

Ross Clement.