[MEncoder-users] Fixing audio in a video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 2 22:44:25 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:20:19PM +0300, Netti Tuttu wrote:
> Is there a way fix the audio in a wmv video file?
>
> The audio sounds like a wind is blowing to the microphone while the
> person speaks. Speach can something be understood, mostly not.
>
> Are there any filters or something to use to fix this?

-af equalizer is probably the best you can get with MPlayer, filter out
the frequencies where the noise is most annoying.
If the source is stereo and one of voice and noise are the same on both
channels and the other is not you might be able to use -af pan to get a
better quality (mono) output my mixing them together (either additively or
subtractively).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger