[MEncoder-users] Mencoder soft telecine broken; fix included

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Oct 2 18:20:06 CEST 2007

Il Tuesday 02 October 2007 18:15:04 Nicolas Hesler ha scritto:

> Brilliant!  -demuxer lavf worked. (it's no longer skipping frames)
>
> What does this mean exactly?

it's used to demux audio and video by means of libavformat,
that by default isolates individual audio and video frames
in separate demux_packets with correct timestamps.
the default demuxer (demux_mpg) does an ugly mess

> Also, which is the now preferred method of soft-telecine?
> "telecine" or "tele_src:tele_dest"? and why?

:telecine is implemented in terms
of :tele_src=24000/1001:tele_dest=30000/1001
thus it's just a special case of a more general scheme.

Can you upload part of that file to incoming? I need to
check why with demux_mpg there are so many frame skips
(although I can guess it)