[MEncoder-users] Formatting video for DVD

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:58:25 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 2:08 PM, Francois Visagie <francois.visagie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> In my experience the brute force method works best. If the best
> results is what you want.

Thanks Francois. I haven't been measuring PSNR. It looks like doing so
is going to be the best way of working out what options to use. I'm
currently doing a 3 pass encode printing PSNR at each stage. That'll
give me, as you say, something objective to work with. Previously I
was more or less lost, with so many options to choose from.

I've removed the denoising filter from my trial encodes. I presume
that any PSNR increasing filtering should be removed while evaluating
options.

Cheers,

Ross