[MEncoder-users] Frequent error

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:42:41 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 9:27 PM, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> That means there's a different number of frames listed in the 2pass.log
> file than in the video you're encoding with pass=2, presumably because
> the video, the first time around, output a different number of frames.
>
> Most often it's because the user changed encoding or filter options
> between the two passes.  Certain past versions of Mencoder had a
> bug that would cause it regularly.  And I experience it from time to
> time on dirty/scratched DVDs.

I see. I'm getting this error a lot. It seems particularly when I have
some footage which has been split into scenes. So I have one AVI file
per scene, each of which contains a

I've noted that the files I have this problem which, after conversion
to mpeg2, have sound way out of sync with the video. There are also
quality problems, severe at times, despite a high bit rate. So it
looks like things are going considerably out of whack.

I'm going to try combing the AVI files into a single dv file first,
and see if that stops the problem.