[MEncoder-users] x264 questions

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 6 14:19:33 CET 2007

Rich Felker wrote:
> I would
> recommend just using it to do the video stream if you need the
> powerful filtering it provides, then using the ffmpeg program for the
> muxing and anything else.

Lets say I've used mencoder to produce a valid x264 video stream and aac
audio stream, but in an .avi container (since the presence of b-frames
isn't an issue with avi muxing.) What command line would I use with
ffmpeg to re-mux this .avi file into a valid .mp4 file that would work,
say, with the appletv or iPod ? Is there a guide on how to do this?