[MEncoder-users] A/V sync challenges on h.264

Steve Mushero Steve at tudou.com
Mon Nov 5 13:32:17 CET 2007

>Michael Rozdoba wrote:

>Out of curiosity, what source container are you given? Perhaps you can
>repair any timecode damage prior to transcoding.

We get many different containers - we are like Youtube in that we get
lots of content, from individuals and commerical sources.  The worst
offenders use the RMVB format, but that's likely because it's just
common for our professional sources to use it, and they commonly edit in
ads, etc. before we get it.

>What platform are you using? I assume to handle such a large number of
>streams you'd need a command line based solution, though worst
>case even gui only tools under Windows can be automated.

That would be correct - we transcode more than 250,000 minutes of video
per day so we use one of world's largest coding farms of dozens of
dual-quad core 3Ghz Intel chips running Linux.

>For mpeg1&2 >Womble's MPEG >Video Wizard has a nice tool for fixing a
number of timecode problems such as discontinuities arising from
editing.

Thanks - we need to do it 25-50,000 times per day, so the manual options
are a bit of a challenge.

Steve