[MEncoder-users] A/V sync challenges on h.264 transcoding, especially with edited files

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Sun Nov 4 15:04:09 CET 2007

Steve Mushero wrote:
> Hi - We are testing transacoding thousands of video streams to h.265/mp4
> for web downloading and are having A/V sync issues no matter how we do
> it.

Out of curiosity, what source container are you given? Perhaps you can
repair any timecode damage prior to transcoding.

What platform are you using? I assume to handle such a large number of
streams you'd need a command line based solution, though worst case even
gui only tools under Windows can be automated. For mpeg1&2 Womble's MPEG
Video Wizard has a nice tool for fixing a number of timecode problems
such as discontinuities arising from editing.

Hopefully though you'll find a MEncoder specific solution.

--
Michael Rozdoba