[MEncoder-users] settings to convert ATSC HDTV 1080i30 to 720p24

Justin Randall jrrandall at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:33:43 CEST 2007

Does anybody have a good approach to convert 1080i content to
progressive?  I'm looking for something that is robust and can work
well with filmed or video content that is broadcast and captured as
1080i. I've seen a lot of  mencoder -vf pullup,softskip to get 1080i
~30fps down to a progressive 24fps... won't that crate a lot of jitter
on motion scenes unless the original source really was filmed at
24fps?  For example I could see something like that working for "Law &
Order" which is recorded on film, but not so much for "The Tonight
Show" or something that was recorded live. Any thoughts?

--
Justin Randall