[MEncoder-users] spp, uspp, fspp, pp7??

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed May 30 17:18:53 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Nicolas Hesler wrote:
>

>> Could someone explain to me when to use either spp, uspp or fspp??
>>

> RTFM and don't hijack threads

1) Don't hijack threads (even your own) 2) With mencoder use pp7, with
mplayer use pp7 if you have powerful cpu, otherwise use
fspp=5/fspp=4/fspp=3 - depending on your cpu and video resolution.
-- Vladimir

I Read TFM.  I apologize for accidentally hijacking my own thread
(mailing list newb). This time I'll be more specific.

I understand they are video filters, but I don't understand what they do
exactly and in what situations they are useful/not useful  (are they
meant to offer better compression/better quality encoding/both??)... I
haven't been able to find a comparison or command line example using
these filters for creating DVD compliant MPEG-2.  I was wondering if
they offered any quality benefits for creating DVD compliant MPEG-2.