[MEncoder-users] A/V sync problems when encoding to mpeg2 DVD compatible file [hope this is better readable]

Jansen meneerjansen00 at hotmail.com
Sun May 27 21:33:46 CEST 2007

I did read the man page/internet documentation of mplayer/mencoder.
That's how I came up with the mencoder command. ;) But it is quite
difficult reading material for me (I'm not native English and only a
humble computer enthousiast). Hence my request for help....

-harddup: is a video filter. If I'm not mistaken it can not be used when
multipexing. I should have used that option while capturing my video
from TV. Too late to use it now. Same goes for the -noskip option. By
the way, the -noskip option used to be in the command that I used to
capture TV: that resulted in A/V de-synchronization before re-muxing.

-mc 0 does not work either...

I beleive that all these options do not let frames be skipped so that
formats like mpeg will not loose a/v synch when (re-)multiplexing. They
should be used on beforehand. Is there anything I can use to properly
code/multplex the file that I have now? The bit that I recorded from TV
is quite important for me.