[MEncoder-users] Subtitles do not appear in output .avi

Iain Masterson slowiain at hotmail.co.uk
Fri May 25 14:01:53 CEST 2007

Hello,

MEncoder has served me well for all that it has been used for, however, now
I need to hard-code subtitles into an .avi but they never appear.

Here is a command line example (I have simplified this; regardless, I get
the same results no mattter which options I use. Note: I always use x264 and
mp3lame):

mencoder input.avi -o output.avi -ovc x264 -oac mp3lame -sub subtitles.sub

When opened in textpad the .sub file looks like this:

{60}{200} SUBTITLE TEST

I'm sure this is a class-A newbie question, but I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks for your time,

Iain.