[MEncoder-users] Prefereble CPU for mencoder ffmpeg.

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu May 24 13:12:34 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 12:45:27PM +0200, Alejandro Vargas wrote:
[...]
> > If there are server variants of the Core2 processors with large caches
>
> But mencoder will not take atvantage of the two cores, will it?

For all I know Core2 CPUs with only one core have been produced,
although you can't normally buy them.
But mencoder can easily take advantage of even 100 cores, you just have
to make sure you always have at least 100 files to encode at once (and I
did say it depends on the number of files you encoded simultaneously).

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger