[MEncoder-users] help with old divx for linux codec, please?

Rob Prowel tempest766 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 20:24:55 CEST 2007

--- Dieter <freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com> wrote:

> > Are there any problems with ffmpeg's mpeg-4 asp
> decoder?
>
> Ffmpeg complains a lot about the mpeg4 output from
> mencoder.
> I don't know if the problem is with mencoder or
> ffmpeg or both.
> I don't recall seeing it crash.
>
> Ffmpeg does crash from bad mpeg2ts input.  At least
> 2 different
> problems resulting in seg fault and at least 1
> floating point
> exception.

Good to know.  As I mentioned previously, I want to
test the divx for linux codec first, then the ffmpeg
codec as a backup.  Sounds like the ffmpeg codec isn't
resilient enough for me to mess with either.  This
could prove to be a significant stumbling block.

I'm hoping someone who knows the divx for linux api
can give me a primer on how to access the decoder and
color conversion functions.  I know that
mplayer/mencoder once suported divx but I believe it
would be extremely difficult for someone like myself
(who is not familiar with the code) to find the
relevant hooks to the divx library in the legacy
mplayer/mencoder code.

Thanks

I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut-shot. Says, "son, make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Them mountains is for animals and savages." I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God I was right. -- Dell Gue "Jeramiah Johnston, (1972)"

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.