[MEncoder-users] EDL complaints

aslan at gmx.at aslan at gmx.at
Thu May 17 10:27:08 CEST 2007

Yes, if I do that all frames are marked as keyframes and thus decoding
is messed up. Its hard to make use of the resulting video.

I tried to go the reencode way because of that, however I could not
reencode the full video because it crashes on the parts where its hits
PAFF interlaced encoded frames.
I tried to work my way around that with an edl, but that doesnt work
either because no matter how I try around and ajust the timestamps for
cutting, it will remain extremely inaccurate (1 1/2 minutes is just
too much - and even though I decreased the time for that ammount of
inaccuracy on a second try it still remained at about the same level
of inaccuracy).
The -hr-edl-seek would correct that, but it will also cause crashes
again.

So the only way I see is to patch x264 to support PAFF interlaced
decoding. I have found someone who provided such a patch (or it seemed
to be that) but it was for an old version and I have no idea how to
adapt it to the current version or do a build (even though I guess
I could work out doing the build with some trying around).

Any Ideas?