[MEncoder-users] EDL complaints

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu May 17 04:32:02 CEST 2007

aslan at gmx.at wrote:

> That helped with the crashing (at first look at least), but the
> cutting behaviour has changed quite a bit.

> [T]he cutting is now extremely inaccuate.

This is the problem which -hr-edl-seek is supposed to fix. The only way
to seek to a precise (non-key) frame is to decode frames which you are
notgoing to (display | encode). If you don't want to decode those
frames, then you are going to have to accept inaccurate seeking and so
inaccurate cutting; naturally enough, the reverse also applies.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.