[MEncoder-users] EDL complaints

aslan at gmx.at aslan at gmx.at
Wed May 16 01:21:24 CEST 2007

Hi.

I've researched a bit about edls and am annoyed how they seem to
implemented:

- When working with a stream (.ts) that doesnt start at timestamp 0
there is no option (I know of) to tell mencoder to treat given
timestamps as relative to the start and not absolute.
- When encoding with an edl it still seemes to decode all the
frames it is not supposed to encode. When it can't deal with the
frames (as is the case with PAFF interlacing frames in commercials
mencoder will crash). Even though those frames are in the ones
I told to be skipped by the edl!
- It would be nice to have an inclusive mode also where you state
the time ranges you want to encode, not those that you dont want.
- You always have to state times (seconds). It would be
very helpful to state frames instead!

Maybe some features I mentioned do exist? (But are not documented.)

Thanx for your attention.
I'd be interested about your thoughts and oppinnions.