[MEncoder-users] Copy h.264 video into avi

aslan at gmx.at aslan at gmx.at
Fri May 11 20:15:49 CEST 2007

Thanx, that helped.
You meant -demuxer lavf however (a simple typo).

There are two problems that I have with the resulting video however:
- the audio stream playtime is totally incorrect, it states to have
  over 86 minutes of audio for a video of 2 minutes 49.
  I could only fix that by re-encoding the audio to mp3.
  Or is there a better option? Either by making mencoder correct that
  data or encoding to ac3 again (is that possible?)
- Playing works, but when I open with VirtualDub(Mod) it can't
  decode the video correctly, probably  because of incorrect detail
  information (keyframes and such?). Please mention that this ocurrs
  when seeking in the file, playing also works in VirtualDub.

Hoping you have more nice options that fixes these problems,
MOrke