[MEncoder-users] Video and Audio async

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Wed Mar 21 18:43:16 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rcooley at spamcop.net

>That could be a HUGE waste of disc space though, encoding something
like a DVD, or even a highdef movie.

True, so I have to be carefull how I do it.  On DVD's, it's not so bad.
  It can generate a 3-6GB file from the mp3/video-copy.  It's the end
result that counts.  fps increased a good bit on my xeon 2.67ghz
seperating it to 3 passes.

>That's what -force-avi-aspect is for.  When you're using -ovc copy,
mencoder doesn't copy the aspect from the old file, to the new one,
>unless you tell it to.

Yeah, I tried that, but don't remember what happened.  I haven't
encoded anything in a while.  I have some stuff I need to get to, so I
will have to try it.  If I use that one a file that has been video
copied already, will it fix the aspect ratio, or it is too late?  Also,
it doesn't do it when I do a copy off a dvd, only when I copy a
re-encoded part.