[MEncoder-users] Install mplayer in a shared server with libmp3lame support

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Thu Mar 1 23:10:36 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: phil at slug.org

>That just means that you don't have /usr/local/lib in your
/etc/ld.so.conf.

Yeah, it's a distro specific thing.  I use SuSE.  I think Fedora does
it also.  Never tried Ubuntu.  I really wish the distro would get with
the standards and put the directories and files in the same place.
That will make things a lot easier.

If it was more than 1, I would add it to the ld.so.conf, but since
mp3lame is the only one I've ever had a problem with, I just use the ln
-s.