[MEncoder-users] impossible dvd encode? a/v sync problem

Everett everettraygun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:43:13 CEST 2007

I tried this, and it didn't work, but I noticed that you mentioned
the -fps option, and I tried:

mplayer -fps 30000/1001 title7.vob

and it played perfectly, no de-sync problems.  no warnings of
framerate changes.  so then I did:

mencoder -fps 30000/1001 -ovc copy -oac copy -aid 128 title7.vob -o
samurai-jack.avi

IT WORKS!!

memencoder -fps 30000/1001 -aid 128 -ovc lavc -oac copy -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4 title7.vob -o test.avi

WORKS!!

I guess because the input framerate matches the output framerate
(mencoder defaults to 30000/1001 on this dvd).  hallelujah!

I understand what you mean about regretting using -fps, though,
because the dvd plays much smoother without it.  the encoded avi
file jerks around a lot and I noticed it was duplicating a lot of
frames as it encoded.  I am satisfied with the results now, though.
If the a/v syncs, that's what I care about the most.  It's still
very watchable.  thank you for your input!