[MEncoder-users] VP6

mark cox melbournemark+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 06:59:06 CEST 2007

On 22/06/07, double <ninive at gmx.at> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I would like to create a VP6 flash video, but I was unable to play the
> following command-line
> with "adobe flash player 9".
>
> mencoder source.asf
>     -of lavf -lavfopts
> i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
>     -ofps 30
>     -vf yadif,flip
>     -ovc vfw -xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=vfw_b400.mcf
>     -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 -channels 2 -srate 22050
>     -o destination.flv
>
> Are there any hidden parameter, to create a valid flash video?

double,
you can't play flash videos with flash player. You can test them with e.g.
ffplay
$ffplay destination.flv

You can check the video's stream's with
$ffmpeg -i destination.flv

To play a flash video with flash player you need a swf file that will load
that video. If all you want is to upload to youtube, you don't need this swf
file.

Regards,
mark

Thank you very much