[MEncoder-users] MP3 audio garbled when encoding (Suse 10.2)

Meneer Jansen meneerjansen00 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:41:40 CEST 2007

I have two Suse Linux versions on my PC: 10.0 and 10.2. On both I
compiled mplayer 1.0rc1 from source code (I used the same tarballl).
When I encode a dvd to avi (xvid and mp3) in suse 10.0 it's perfect.
However when I use the same command on the same input file in suse 10.2
then the audio (mp3lame) is garbled.

Strange thing is that on suse 10.0 and 10.2 the mencoder versions are
slightly different: 1.0rc1-4.0.2 versus 1.0rc1-4.1.2.

When I encode a CD to mp3 using lame then it's perfect in both suse
versions. Does anybody have to get a working mencoder version on suse
10.2?