[MEncoder-users] Choppy video when changing framerate

Manuel Carro mcarro at fi.upm.es
Fri Jun 15 11:44:17 CEST 2007

>> I have the same feeling too. The video does look choppy more or less
>> after changing FPS, especially reducing FPS a little bit (e.g. 25fps to
>> 24fps).
>> I think this is somehow unavoidable without rendering all frames again
>> which will bring much computation. As the interval of frames changes,
>> the content of frames must be changed in order to look really smooth.

But transcode does give a much smoother result without excessive
computation time.  However I'd prefer to stick to mencoder because of
its the very wide set of available options and also because I do not
seem to get around to including sound in the transcode option (I do
not understand what is going on with that, sincerely).

        MCL (mcarro_at_fi_dot_upm_dot_es)