[MEncoder-users] Fix progressive desynchronization

Thu Jun 14 21:58:15 CEST 2007

Hi Pepe!

 On 2007.06.14 at 02:12:37 +0200, Pepe wrote next:

> I've got a movie which progressively desynchronizes.
>
> At the beginning of the movie I have to set the A-V delay to -100. At half of
> the movie I have to set it to +700, and at the end to +1300.
>
> Is there anyway to fix this with mencoder?

First, you should discover what exactly is the problem. Most likely
mplayer just failes to synchronize the file correctly. Try playing it
with -mc 0, -mc 0.1 and -mc 1. There is also -nobps option, a very long
time ago it used to help to sometimes, but I haven't seen its uses in
ages. Still, try it too.

Anyway, once sync will be corrected automatically, you can think about
fixing it permanently. I don't know if it could be done and if file that
playbacks correctly only with -mc 0 could be fixed for correct playback
without this option, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to write what
exactly happens when you are using these options.

PS the only permanent solution I can think about is remuxing file from
avi to mkv with mkvtoolnix; not sure it will help, but I think it's
worth to try this.

--

Vladimir