[MEncoder-users] vfw2menc.c (linux)

Jaime Villarreal jesusjaime at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:17:05 CEST 2007

Ok... this is what I did to get it working

create a symlink to the location of your fake windows system32 drive.
I found mine inside ~/.wine/drive_c maybe yours will be different

     ln -s ~/.wine/drive_c ~/.wine/dosdevices/c:

compile
     winegcc vfw2menc.c -o vfw2menc -lwinmm -lole32

Then I used something like this to create the file. It opens a dialog
box to adjust compression settings.

wine ~/mplayer/TOOLS/vfw2menc.exe.so -f VP62 -d
/usr/lib/win32/vp6vfw.dll -s singlepass.mcf