[MEncoder-users] B-frames and GOP with MPEG-2 for DVD

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Jun 13 00:38:09 CEST 2007

Nicolas Hesler wrote:
>>> How is support broken ??   I certainly can't seem to create a mpeg2 with
>>> b frames with
>>> MEncoder 1.0rc1-4.1.2.   Am I doing something wrong?  It continually
>>> crashes mencoder when I try to use vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=2.

I can't reproduce it with SVN. You should use a build of mencoder from
recent SVN; by now, 1.0rc1 is old.

>> we need a gdb backtrace for cases like this
>>
> what does that mean?

See this page:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash

If you for some reason cannot make a backtrace, then a sample command
line and a sample source video will often suffice. Having a backtrace
too is still nicest, though.

-Corey