[MEncoder-users] Compatibility with QuickTime player

Alex Song songqf9 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 12 16:26:38 CEST 2007

--- Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> just RTFM:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-quicktime-7.html

Thanks Guillaume.

I was in a hurry and didn't do a good search on this,
my apologies.

But it looks like the article doesn't apply to my case
very well. I'm using pcm for audio and mjpeg for
video, not aac and h264.

Anyways, I used ffmpeg to convert it again without
changing audio codec and video codec and it worked.

mencoder -vf rotate=2 P6070166.MOV -o tmp.mov -oac pcm
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -of lavf -lavfopts
format=mov:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

ffmpeg -i tmp.mov -sameq -f mov -acodec pcm_s16le
-vcodec mjpeg out.mov

Thanks,

Alex