[MEncoder-users] Generating a 1-second MPEG file from ONE png picture

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Mon Jun 11 12:25:55 CEST 2007

RC escribió:

Hi:

>> And when playing the file with Xine or VLC it ends  just a little
>> before the end of the file itself (is like it lacks one  frame).

> The file ends before the file ends?  That means what?

The time bar stops a little before the end. But I've been thinking...
Can it be because to cover one second there should be 26 frames instead
of 25, but since Mencoder only writes 25 Xine gets confused? This is,
after one second, there should be shown the first frame of the next
second, because it's in the frontier between...

Ok, forget it O:)

>> Finally, even using harddup there aren't the classic messages of
>> "Duplicate frame", common when the input fps are different than the
>> output fps.

> You're telling it to duplicate that one frame into 25 others.  You
> should be worried if you don't see that message...
>  I don't know why people are so alergic to skip/duplicate frame messages.

That's what I mean: there are NO skip/duplicate messages. I hoped to see
at least 24 messages :?