[MEncoder-users] returning customer 8-)

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:20:41 CEST 2007

On 6/10/07, Nahum Mizrahi <nahum at barosh.net> wrote:
> I have sent this question to the list few days ago but got no answer.
> I hope this is not considered as naggin' but i do like to ask once again,
> in case someone can help and missed the original question.
>
> I am setting up an encoding server for a video sharing website. I already
> installed mencoder and i can encode some videos into FLV format.
>
> My questions:
>
> 1. How do i add more codecs?

After running configure, check configure's output to see what codecs
are disabled or not detected.  If one of those isn't installed,
install it.  If it is, read configure.log to figure out why it isn't
enabled.  (Usually you just need to run ldconfig as root or some
such.)

> 2. How do i insert a "watermark" into the encoded video? Can it be
> transparent?

Read manual section on video filters.  I think there's one in there
for adding logos and such.

> 3. Can i add any hardware to reduce the loads on the machine?

Likely not.

--Joey