[MEncoder-users] Solved: A-V desync with lavf and raw DV

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Sat Jun 9 16:11:09 CEST 2007

My A-V desync problem (lavf muxer and raw DV captured from v4l2) is
finally solved. It turned out to be an extremely easy fix: I had simply
to add harddup as the last video filter. Neither -mc 0 nor -noskip is
needed (on the contrary, they may do more harm than good), the desync
was caused by the fact that the duplicated frames haven't really been
encoded into the file (I suppose only a tag was written instead
indicating the duplicate).

If all my "capture and encode to interlaced raw DV" issues will be
solved, I would like to write a short description and a command line
example for the documentation (encoding guide).

Levente