[MEncoder-users] B-frames and GOP with MPEG-2 for DVD

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Jun 8 15:42:14 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Nicolas Hesler wrote:
>

>> Thanks again for your prompt help.    Why do you say magically?  What
>> is controversial with those options?
>>

> as I wrote, -mc 0 -noskip disables mencoder's mechanism to keep synchrony

I guess what I meant to ask was :  so mencoder's mechanism for keeping
synchrony doesn't always work and disabling sometimes keeps sync?

So even if I get 1 duplicate frame (which seems to be case, in all my
videos), it could still be in absolute sync?

How is it that the A-V sync info is not always an indicator of sync?

I apologize for the questions, but I like to know how things work.   And
thank you for your patience.