[MEncoder-users] B-frames and GOP with MPEG-2 for DVD

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jun 8 15:27:56 CEST 2007

Nicolas Hesler wrote:

>I typically get these messages when encoding with -mc 0 -noskip:
>
>ERROR: scr 0.940, dts 0.909, pts 0.951
>
>BUFFER UNDEFLOW at stream 0, raising muxrate to 2635 kb/s, delta_scr: 167857
>
>Without -mc 0 -noskip I get the same type of messages but also duplicate
>frame errors :
>
>1 duplicate frame(s)!
>ERROR: scr 1.642, dts 0.000, pts 1.266
>
>and the out of sync messages:
>
>Pos:   0.6s     15f ( 1%) 11.85fps Trem:   1min  11mb  A-V:0.058 [0:0]
>

>Note: If I were to use format=dvd with the -mc 0 -noskip, I don't get
>any messages, which I take as a good sign. (But as I mentioned before, I
>have to use format=mpeg2 for Adobe Encore to accept the files)

to fix those errors just add :muxrate=10080 to -mpegopts

>If I use format=dvd without the -mc 0 -noskip, I get :
>
>1 duplicate frame(s)!
>Pos:   0.9s     22f ( 1%) 10.83fps Trem:   2min   8mb  A-V:0.084 [0:224]
>Skipping frame!
>
>Also, I'm transcoding from high bitrate MPEG-2 of 18.5 Mbs 1280x720 to
>my current avg of 6-7 Mbs at 720x480.
>
>So, is -mc 0 -noskip still unnecessary, eventhough I'm getting these out
>of sync and duplicate frame messages?

if adding those options keeps sync use them, but generally they
don't magically fix asynchrony

>My understanding is that the "Skipping Frame" message is a bad sign.

if they are many yes, it's a bad sign, but not necessarily if they are few.

 Sponsor:
 In REGALO 'All the Good Thing' di NELLY FURTADO
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6617&d=8-6