[MEncoder-users] B-frames and GOP with MPEG-2 for DVD

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jun 7 23:15:37 CEST 2007

Nicolas Hesler wrote:

>>Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>

>>>this -mc 0 -noskip is a myth, as far as I'm concerned: it may do some good
>>>with -ovc copy, but not when encoding video
>>>

>>Really??? Good to know.
>>

>I just did a quick test removing the -mc 0 and -noskip.  I get more
>errors than usual

what errors?

>and the A-V deviates from 0.0.
>With -mc 0 and -noskip, I wasn't getting that deviation.
>
>Pos:  10.5s    253f (13%)  8.53fps Trem:   3min  35mb  A-V:0.052 [3818:223]

-mc 0 -noskip disables mencoder's synchronization code; that combination
may work for some type of files, but not for many other types (e.g.
digital tv
broadcast that typically have a large amount of audio preload).
You should test the actual synchronization in the final encode rather than
relying on those figures