[MEncoder-users] SUB: Could not determine file format

Florian Erfurth floh-erfurth at arcor.de
Wed Jun 6 23:49:40 CEST 2007

Phil Oleynik wrote:

> Florian Erfurth wrote:
>> A question... how do I combine the two commands above. Someone told about
>> fifo, but I don't have any idea about fifo. :( Ok, I'll try to learn
>> about fifo. But... is that a good idea? I mean, what happens if the cpu
>> or harddisk is too busy from mplayer & mencoder. Will some frame be
>> dropped if mencoder is not fast enough for mplayer and vice versa?
>
> read man mkfifo, this is very simple way to transfer data between apps.
Oh... is this really so easy??? I'm testing with following commands:

mkfifo video-fifo
mplayer... <-same command but as output: video-fifo
mencoder... <-same command but as input: video-fifo

Now it's running, and it take really long, so I can't tell if it really
works. But it looks good. Thank you very much!

cu Floh