[MEncoder-users] SUB: Could not determine file format

Florian Erfurth floh-erfurth at arcor.de
Wed Jun 6 02:04:03 CEST 2007

James Tripp wrote:

> Florian Erfurth <floh-erfurth at arcor.de> wrote:What is the aquivalent
> command to this one if I want to use mplayer instead of mencoder (and of
> course instead using srt-file I want to use the sub&idx-file).
>
> mplayer "/home/floh/temp/movie.avi" -vf scale=480:256,harddup -sws 9
> -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -subcp cp1252
> -vobsub "/home/floh/test/movie" -slang en -ao null -vo yuv4mpeg
>
> mencoder stream.yuv -o /home/floh/temp/newmovie.avi -ovc xvid
> -xvidencopts bitrate=768:vhq=1:max_bframes=0:cartoon -nosound
>
> You have to use two steps.
> step one to use mplayer that recognizes vobsubs, ,add em,  stream to
> uncompressed images. Step 2 encode with mencoder.
Thank you very much! I'll try it out.

> where do we get your gui to try?
Its a GUI, which convert avi to pmp, which is playable on psp (Sony
Playstation Portable). Because I didn't find needful GUI for Linux I
started to write myself. You can read in the following 2 links:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=62076
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=64035

The first link, there are pictures of my application how it does look like.
In the second link, there are download-link.
But remember, the application is really new (first release 2.June07) and
many things are still not implemented, but I'm continuing developing.

Feel free if you want to check it out.

cu Floh