[MEncoder-users] SUB: Could not determine file format

Florian Erfurth floh-erfurth at arcor.de
Mon Jun 4 16:58:20 CEST 2007

Hi I want to add subtitle into avi-file. I've got 2 Files. The one is .avi
and the other is .sub I think its a vobsub because the subtitle-file is
binary, or am I wrong?
I did try following command:
mencoder -sws 9 -vf scale=480:256,harddup -sub /home/floh/temp/movie.sub -vf
scale=480:256 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=768:vhq=1:max_bframes=0:cartoon -nosound /home/floh/temp/movie.avi -o /home/floh/temp/output.avi

Unfortunatelly the subtitle from movie.sub doesn't appears in output.avi. If
I look the output of mencoder, I see such error-message:

SUB: Could not determine file format
Cannot load subtitles: /home/floh/temp/movie.sub
<<<
Idea?

cu Floh