[MEncoder-users] Timestamp on audio and video frames?

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Mon Jun 4 10:05:32 CEST 2007

Is it possible to put timestamps both on grabbed audio and video frames
when using the lavf muxer (or would it be hard to add this) -- like for
the tsaf option in the mpeg muxer? I have a raw DV file in which (due
probably to small A-V frame rate discrepancies) the audio is lagging a
little behind the video stream. This is very annoying and could not fix
it for now. I think if the audio and video stream would both receive a
timestamp (not necessarily on all frames, even every 1000th would be
enough for me) and the muxer would honor this, the desync would go away.
(Or am I misunterstanding the nature of this problem?)

Levente