[MEncoder-users] raw dvcpro25 to quicktime compatible mp4-container (aac lc+x264)

Johan Arvidsson johanarv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:20:29 CEST 2007

2007/6/1, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007 23:16:32 +0200
> Johan Arvidsson <johanarv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be nice to find out what is causing those green frames
>
> -vf yadif is causing them.

Ah... I did a quick test with -vf lavcdeint and the green frames are
gone. Good to know it was mencoder that my source files then.

> > So now i get to choose between a mencoder binary that can't properly
> > create a statsfile after the first pass or a binary that doesn't work
> > with source files bigger  than 2 gb. (yes i now how much i paid for
> > this software)
> >
> > Would it help if i moved over to linux?
>
> Linux/BSD systems generally have a development environment included in
> the base system, which makes it easier to compile software yourself.
> However, if you follow the instructions, you can also compile a working
> MPlayer binary for Win32 yourself.

Well i could compile my own binary for windows but it would be a lot
simpler to do it on linux i think. But what i asked was if mencoder is
more stable and mature in a linux environment compared to running it
under windows?