[MEncoder-users] Can mencoder record a video of my desktop ?

Plexxus plexxus at cegetel.net
Mon Jul 30 23:19:32 CEST 2007

Le vendredi 27 juillet 2007 à 21:30 -0700, DEF a écrit :
> --- Plexxus <plexxus at cegetel.net> wrote:
> > Hello !
> > I need to make a demonstration of a program to a
> > friend.
> > I want to make a video of my desktop (including
> > mouse moves if possible)
> > Is mencoder able to do this kind of job ?
> > TIA
>
> Perhaps it will not be the best tool for this job.
> BTW, which OS are you using?

I have a Linux Mandrive 2007 OS !
I've tried istanbul, but it seems, there's no way to control the output
file.
x11vnc seems to be a good program, but I only found a tool (pyvnc2swf)
that produce swf files.
I'd like to build mp4 files with mencoder; but I can't catch the vnc
stream with mencoder ?
Any ideas ?