[MEncoder-users] sstep issues with mplayer/mencoder

Grozdan Nikolov microchip at chello.be
Sun Jul 22 21:04:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a MP4 file which contains 2 video streams in it. When I try to get the
crop values with the cropdetect filter for the first video stream and when I
use the -sstep option, it works just fine, eg

mplayer file.mp4 -vid 0 -vf cropdetect -vo null -nosound -frames 15 -sstep
$((6888/15))

When I do the same for the second stream by only changing -vid 0 to -vid 1,
mplayer doesn't print any crop value. However, when I remove the -sstep
option, it prints the crop values just fine. Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks in advance