[MEncoder-users] Mencoder segmentation fault

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jul 17 20:37:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:38:06 +0200, Sofija Blazevski wrote:
> I think I might found source of the problem. There are two files that
> succeeded converting to flv. Both of them had no audio, just video.
> "Segmentation fault" probably is connected to "MP3 Audio selected"
> appearing just before it.Look at these outputs

With segfaults, it would help very much if you used the debug-enabled
version of mplayer/mencoder (compiled with --enable-debug and
--enable-crash-debug). And then hook up gdb to the core file, or run
mplayer/mencoder from gdb. At segfault, you can then backtrace to find
the offending code segment. Then, you'll get more instructions what to
check from the developers...

HTH,
Moritz