[MEncoder-users] Problem with secondary subtitles

Tomasz Ksiezyk ksiezyk at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 04:51:14 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Tomasz Ksiezyk wrote:
>

>> I have a film on DVD for which there are 2 subtitles: (1) for the film;
>> (2) for the commentary which is delivered in French. Their indeces are 0
>> and 1, respectively. When I use the -sid option I am able to see the
>> subtitles 0, but not 1. When I play the disc on a DVD player, I am able
>> to see both subtitles. I also tried the -slang option, but it didn't
>> help. The subtitles 1 are in Italics. Could this be a reason for my
>> problem? Any suggestions?
>>

> upload a sample to incoming

I have uploaded the file: subtitles-test-7-16-07.vob to:
upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

mplayer subtitles-test-7-16-07.vob -aid 128 -sid 0

plays the film's French audio with English subtitles correctly.

mplayer subtitles-test-7-16-07.vob -aid 130 -sid 1

should play the commentary in French with English subtitles. The
commentary plays fine, the subtitles, however, are not that for the
commentary but for the film audio, i.e. they are the same as when played
with -sid 0.

Thanks,
Tomasz Ksiezyk