[MEncoder-users] xvid-VfW Codec settings

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:26:52 CEST 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:29:29 +0200
Tobias Brockamp <tobiasbrockamp at gmx.de> wrote:

> I found out that when i use the xvidvfw.dll instead of the build in
> xvid-codec the process is a bit faster.

That shouldn't be the case.  Did you compile your local copy of xvid
yourself, using proper optimizations, or are you just using a binary?

Also, perhaps the dll is defaulting to different encoding options.

> Is it possible to check the current setting of the vfw-codec and when
> its necessary change it to my preferred settings?
> Does anybody know in which file the codec settings are stored?

The docs cover the issue in detail:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-video-for-windows.html