[MEncoder-users] Does MEncoder has issues with AAC audio encoding?

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Jul 15 23:21:02 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:

>Pierre Catello wrote:
>

>>Nico,
>>
>>I uploaded a short sample showing AAC distortion when encoding with
>>Mencoder, and not with FAAC nor with Mencoder with mp3lame :
>>
>>ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu//MPlayer/incoming/corrupt-aac/
>>
>>The source file is clip.mpg
>>
>>You can notice obvious distortions on the piano notes during the animation
>>of the letters of the UGC logo.
>>
>>Pierre
>>

>yes, I can hear some echoing. What version of faac are you using: the
>one in SF repository?

maybe it's a problem with clipping: the default source format is
AF_FORMAT_S16_NE
in mencoder, but in faac it's FAAC_INPUT_FLOAT.
When I committed the encoder I added the :format input parameters to specify
the source format to use: format=32 (AF_FORMAT_S32_NE int) and format=33
(AF_FORMAT_FLOAT_NE)
that at the time used to work, but now they don't work anymore :-(
who broke it?