[MEncoder-users] Streaming problem with faac

Alex Giladi alex.giladi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 04:12:13 CEST 2007

I am trying to encode a DV file into an .mp4 file with H.264 (with
x264)  and AAC (with faac) and stream the result into Quicktime using
the Darwin server.

My mencoder line is: mencoder <file>.dv -ovc x264 -x264encopts [...]
-oac faac -faacopts br=80 -ofps 30000/1001  -o <file>.avi

Then I remux the .avi into .mp4 using either mp4creator or MP4Box.

The resulting .mp4 can be player locally, but has no audio when
streamed using the Darwin server.
If I look into the .sdp file, I see the audio config parameter (which
conveys AudioSpecificParam according to the RFC) is 0a90. If I
manually change it to be 1290, then the audio playes fine.
If I encode with faac separately, the correct config=1290 is generated.
Has anyone encountered this before?