[MEncoder-users] Ipod Video (or missing aac encoding in lavc)

Everett everettraygun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:37:18 CEST 2007

> >> any other ideas?
> >
> > you could try rebuilding x264?
>
> Tried that now, still no luck... latest svn of mencoder and x264
> is from 2007-03-25 (latest gentoo ebuild).

The commands I gave you definitely work on my computer.  I bet it's
something to do with the source file.  is there anything unusual
about it?  for example, I had trouble encoding some cartoons from
dvd and it didn't work until I added a -fps option to the mencoder
commands.

can you encode another source file?  you said it doesn't work with
quicktime, can you play the result of your encode with mplayer?