[MEncoder-users] Noise reduction and interlacing: (hq)denoise3d vs. nr

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:00:45 CEST 2007

2007/7/3, Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl>:
> > f1 and f2 or f2 and f3 do not belong to the same actual frame, so a
>
> I suppose you mean scanline? Like what Nico said, top field/bottom field.

You are right

"interlaced" frame, F = { l1, l2, l3, ... }  = 2 sets of scan lines
interleaved in a "frame", but actually two fields :
top(t0) = { l1, l3, l5, ... }, bottom(t0+delta_t) = { l2, l4, l6, ...
} with delta_t=1/50s or 1/60s

sorry about the confusion, I'm not sure to use the right terms.

P.